Conversion to NGV
What is Natural Gas for Vehicles?
The Natural Gas that we use in our homes and businesses is also used as vehicular fuel, this unlike the gas that we consume in our homes is compressed and conditioned according to technical standards to be stored in high-resistance cylinders and can be used in vehicles.
Almost any internal combustion motor vehicle can be adapted to use a gas as fuel, specifically Compressed Natural Gas, instead of a liquid fuel such as gasoline.
La adaptación consiste básicamente en incorporar:
- The high-pressure tanks to store the natural gas.
- A special injection system, for gasoline and gas.
- An electronic engine management system that is a little different, to choose between gasoline or natural gas, whether it is automatic, by temperature, or manually, or chosen by the driver.
- A chip to control that the vehicle owner performs the regulatory checkups.
- And in some cases other changes, for instance the reinforcement of the valves placement, or different segments of the pistons.
Advantages of turning your vehicle into a NGV
- Economics: the vehicular natural gas is cheaper and it offers a better performance for cubic meter then other fuels such as gasoline and diesel.
- Protects the environment: the natural gas is one of the cleanest fossil fuels given that it produces less concentrations of carbon dioxide then other fuels.
- Greater vehicle lifecycle: The NGV do not produce carbon residues does not form sediments, nor washes the walls of the cylinders, increases the lifespan of the engine, spark plugs, filters and oil.
- Easy conversion: for gasoline engines to work with NGV they need to be adapted by incorporating simple conversion kits. As an additional advantage, the vehicles preserve a dual condition and therefore being able to operate with the gasoline and NGV.
Where can you turn your vehicle into a NGV?
|GNV EXPRESS S.AS. NORTE||BARRANQUILLA||CARRERA 43 # 79 B – 85|
|GNV EXPRESS S.A.S UNION||BARRANQUILLA||CARRERA 47 # 21 – 174|
|AUTOGAS LA 17 S.A.S||BARRANQUILLA||CALLE 17 # 18 – 96|
|DYMOGAS S.A.S||BARRANQUILLA||CALLE 45 # 27 – 48|
|TECNIGAS DEL CARIBE S.A.S||BARRANQUILLA||VIA 40 # 78 -42|
|GNV DEL CARIBE S.A.S||BARRANQUILLA||AVENIDA CIRCUNVALAR – PARQUE LA TRINIDAD|
|AVM GAS S.A.S||SANTA MARTA||AVENIDA FERROCARRIL # 29 D – 27|
|PROGAS VEHICULAR S.A.S||VALLEDUPAR||CALLE 22 # 12 A – 31|
|STAR GAS||VALLEDUPAR||CARRERA 7 # 20 C – 57 B|